2016 News Archive
Montessori Education-based on principles developed by Maria Montessori-1907 opened her 1st school in Rome.
- How Praise Became a Consolation Prize - Helping children confront challenges requires a more nuanced understanding of the “growth mindset.”
"Colorful maps and wooden blocks have lured some skeptical parents — but can free public Montessori survive in Detroit?
Such a beautiful piece, with a wish for peace for all as 2016 comes to a close!
From http://npr.org - How Investing In Preschool Beats The Stock Market, Hands Down - Study on ROI on ECE
"Changing the way people view early education is part and parcel of the Trust for Learning's mission."
- CPPA Child Care Cost study - 2016 child care fees in Canada’s big cities
"The Teenage Brain Is Wired to Learn—So Make Sure Your Students Know It. Thanks to the wonders of neuroplasticity, adolescents are primed to improve their performance in school—and beyond. Here’s how to help."
Short video - children in a ‘motionless’ state, highlighting many activities within a Montessori environment.
- Documentary review "The Beginning of Life" about early development & the complex lives of babies.
"Boys Who Sit Still Have a Harder Time Learning to Read"
- The Case Against Worksheets
"Lunchtime lunacy: How the system is failing our kids"
Anna Perry of Seton Montessori in Good Housekeeping 11 Secrets to Controlling Rowdy Kids, According to Real Teachers
From CTV News - Beginning & end of this video filmed at CCMA school, Ellington Montessori School in Scarborough, ON. What are the secrets of people who live to be 100? Labs are starting to find out
- Curiosity can predict employees' ability to creatively solve problems
- A Lesson For Preschools: When It's Done Right, The Benefits Last
- Secrets of the Teenage Brain: A Conversation with Frances E. Jensen
- How Cross-Cultural Dialogue Builds Critical Thinking and Empathy
- Memorizers are the lowest achievers and other Common Core math surprises