From Learning & the Brain - Montessori: The New Science behind the Century-Old Methodology (part II)
“I've Got 5 Minutes. Explain Montessori to Me.”
New Science behind a Century-Old Methodology (Part 1)
From Linkedin - The World Needs More Montessori by Margaret Whitley - Montessori Academy of London
“Imagination does not become great until human beings, given the courage and the strength, use it to create.” – Maria Montessori
This video shows why Montessori education continues to stress the importance of the hand for learning from ages 3-15.
- Video, 'A Montessori Toddler Morning.'
Teach by teaching, not by correcting. Teaching spelling with a child's personal dictionary.
"Education Today: Don’t limit with labels, but embrace differences"
- The Real Reason Students Shouldn’t Sit In Class By Laura Flores Shaw
- with Activities for Toddlers
- " I figured It out myself"
-with Montessori reference
Early Childhood Education, A Key To Life-Long Success
"Young children are so observant and fascinated by the outdoor environment."
Joint 2017 CAMT & CCMA Conference - Nov. 3 & 4, 2017 at BMO Institute for Learning. More details to follow.
Brandie Weikle speaks to the author of a new book on how Dutch parents help their kids achieve happiness.
- The most recent scientific response to the impact of children and video games.
- It's Digital Heroin: How Screens Turn Kids into Psychotic Junkies
From Bergamo Montessori Schools Blog - What Parents Need to Know About Montessori Education
"The Power of a Hug"
"Why you won't hear "good job" in Montessori class. What’s so bad about saying “Good Job?” ......is because it casts judgement upon a child’s work."
- The tendencies of humans as defined by Maria Montessori.
"These Montessori preschoolers get their education in the great outdoors.
Neuroscience Reveals the Nourishing Benefits That Silence Has on Your Brain
-The Silence Game In Nature – Empowering Children with Mindfulness
Glass Classroom-Oregon Montessori Assoc. set up a Casa classroom as part of Oregon Montessori Education Day.
– An Inspiration for Teachers - How People Talk About Their Favorite Teacher
- Raising Montessori: 75 Ways to Montessori Parenting
- Kids Don’t Fail, Schools Fail Kids: Sir Ken Robinson on the ‘Learning Revolution’