Applicant School - Criteria
An Applicant School shall meet the following criteria:
- Each classroom has at least one teacher who holds an age-appropriate diploma
from an AMI or MACTE accredited teacher training institute or any other teacher
training programme that may be recognized by the CCMA.
- Each classroom has a basic to full range of Montessori materials as
recommended by CCMA, which offers the broad curriculum to allow for sequential learning.
- Work toward multi-age groupings in each classroom (3-6,6-9,9-12 etc.) which supports the concept that learning is a social process.
- Have a policy of admitting children to the programme at the appropriate age
level consistent with Montessori principles and sensitive periods for learning.
- Working toward a long uninterrupted work cycle which allows for the
development of focus, concentration, and engagement.
- Agree to abide by the CCMA Code of Ethics.
- The school is actively engaged and making progress to meet the criteria for being Accredited within a certain timeframe.
- Is licensed by the appropriate Provincial Licensing Authority.
- Meets the relevant Building, Health, Safety, and Fire codes and carry
- Is guided by the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.