Casa Guide - Start September 2018
Date Posted: 2/2/2018
Last updated: 2/2/2018 4:53:20 PM
Waterdown Montessori School
1921 Snake Road
Position: Casa Guide – for September 2018
Job Description: Casa Guide
Summary of Position
The Waterdown Montessori School Casa Guide is responsible for providing a Montessori classroom/instructional program that supports the individual needs of the children in accordance with the School’s mission and vision. The Waterdown Montessori guide creates a well-prepared environment and an atmosphere of learning and inquisitiveness designed to move students from one activity and level to the next. You will step back while the children are working, allowing them to learn from their own discoveries and draw their own conclusions. Rather than supplying children with answers, you will ask them how they would solve the problem, actively engaging children in the learning process and enhancing critical thinking skills.
Essential Job Requirements
· Successful candidates must hold Montessori diplomas certified by the Association Montessori
Internationale (AMI) and/or Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE)
· University undergraduate degree is preferred
· French speaking capabilities is considered a strong asset
Essential Job Functions
· Development of lesson plans and help manage the learning experiences for students to ensure the
needs of the groups and individual students are met.
· Lead students toward self-directed learning and normalization.
· Maintains a neat, well organized, and attractive prepared environment consistent with Montessori
· Participates in professional activities which may include workshops, curriculum retreats, meetings,
grade reporting, planning, and other professional pursuits.
· Attends all pre-announced staff meetings and professional sessions, including staff, level, committee
and, evening parent meetings.
· Works to develop close and effective relationships with parents, including opportunities to discuss
and understand the child’s individual progress; encourages them to bond with both the class and the
larger school community; provides individualized tracking of student progress.
· Participates in the admissions process, speaking from time to time with prospective families
· Follows the school’s policies and procedures for student evaluation and record keeping, meeting all
due dates as required.
· Meet with co-workers to share ideas, plan and problem solve
· Participate in staff meetings
· Participate in parent education
· Participate in professional meetings outside of school
· Prepare for school’s community activities such as open houses, observation and all general
meetings or special events
· Completes and maintains all records, reports, evaluations, and inventories of student records in a
timely manner as may be required by the school.
· Responsible for reading and adhering to the guidelines as established in the employee handbook
and adhering to all school policies.
Candidates interested in applying, please email their resume to the attention of:
Head of School
We would like to thank everyone who responds however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Teacher - Casa / Early Childhood - Burlington, ON