Lower Elementary Montessori Educator
Date Posted: 5/24/2017Last updated: 5/24/2017 4:35:53 PM
River Valley School is an inclusive dual-stream independent school providing unparalleled
education and character development for children aged 3 to grade 6. We are a growing school
with over 300 students in Calgary, Alberta.
RVS is currently seeking dedicated, creative and experienced Lower Elementary Montessori
Educator to join our close-knit and dynamic team. The successful candidate will be someone
who enjoys making a difference in children’s lives, is personable and reliable, and takes pride
The Montessori Educator works as a guide and facilitator, and creates a well-prepared
Montessori environment and an atmosphere of learning and inquisitiveness designed to move
students from one activity and level to the next. The Montessori Educator will guide the
children to learn from their own discoveries and draw their own conclusions.
Working under the direction and supervision of the Head of School and Academic Leadership
Team, the Lower Elementary Montessori Educator will:
● Understand, implement and comply with the duties and responsibilities of a CCMA and
CAIS Accredited school.
● Plan and implement a program of Montessori instruction that adheres to the
Montessori philosophy, goals and objectives and meets and exceeds Alberta Education
● Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide effective teaching
strategies and maximize time on task. Plans and implements a flexible program of study
designed to meet individual needs of students.
● Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of
appropriate teaching strategies which encourage student enthusiasm for the learning
● Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment
methods and provides progress and interim reports as required.
● Demonstrates a strong grasp of subject matter.
● Uses effective oral and written communication.
● Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share
this knowledge and appropriate tools for continual improvement of the school’s
● Makes appropriate adjustments in the instructional program and as required by
Administration and assists in the ongoing curriculum revision process, including the
revision of written courses of study.
● Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension
of regular classroom activities.
● Develops, in accordance with legislative requirements and the school’s policies, mission
and values, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques that are
To assist in the realization of these expectations an educator shall:
● Meet or exceed Alberta Education curriculum;
● Maintain appropriate timetables, instructional plans, and class lists;
● Maintain appropriate order and discipline; and
● In co-operation with other professionals, develop specific procedures for evaluation and
Qualifications and Abilities :
● Montessori Certification from AMI, AMS or MACTE required;
● Minimum of 2 years related classroom experience required;
● Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others;
● Advanced interpersonal communication skills in order to provide professional assistance
to students, instructors, co-workers and outside clients;
● Ability to remain composed during difficult situations and to handle sensitive
information with confidentiality and integrity;
● Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills;
● Establish a learning environment wherein students feel physically, psychologically,
socially and culturally secure; and
● Establish a positive professional relationship with students that is respectful of students’
human dignity and characterized by mutual respect, trust and harmony.
Competitive compensation will be based on skill and experience. We follow a 10 month school
schedule and offer benefits (after 3 months) including medical, dental, life, and RSP matching
program (after 1 yr).
We will only contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time Casa Directress – Januaury 2017 Start
Date Posted: 11/14/2016Last updated: 11/14/2016 2:54:23 PM
Maria Montessori Education Centre of Calgary (MMEC)
2452 Battleford Ave SW
POSITION: Full time Casa Directress – Immediate Start
MMEC is CCMA accredited school offering programs for children from Toddler through to Erdkinder. We are proud of the integrity of our Montessori programming and our welcoming warm environment. Starting January 2017, we are opening a satellite location and require an experienced Casa Guide.
The successful/ideal applicant should possess the following:
- Montessori Diploma – MACTE or AMI
- current First Aid and CPR
- Valid Criminal Record Check
- enthusiasm and love for Montessori philosophy
-French as a second language is an asset
- well-rounded personality with a variety of passions
- ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with parents and children
- cooperative and flexible
- independent and motivated
Please forward resumes to:
Servejit Massey- email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators 4953 Dundas Street West, Suite 102, Toronto, Ontario M9A 1B6
Phone: 416-239-1166 or 1-800-954-6300 - Fax: 416-239-9544Email: firstname.lastname@example.org