Date Posted: 5/2/2017
Last updated: 5/2/2017 4:55:11 PM
Are you an exceptional RECE or Montessori Casa teacher looking to take your career to the next level? A unique opportunity exists to join The Montessori Country School - Milton as an Administrator.
The Montessori Country School is located in Milton, Halton Region, Ontario, Canada, and is a fully-licensed childcare centre and accredited Montessori school, which provides part-time and full-time programs for children ages 3 years to 6 years of age. We are currently in the expansion stage and will be opening our Elementary program in September 2017 with plans to grow the program through grade 6. Through the Montessori Country School – Milton, children receive care designed to help them develop their academic, emotional and social skills, and grow the foundations they will need to succeed in life. If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact each and every day by enriching lives, then this is the position for you!
This person will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the school with specific attention to CCEYA, ensuring all rules and regulations are adhered to, that CCEYA licensing visits are well managed and followed up and completed in a timely manner. This person is also responsible for assisting writing school policies and procedures to follow CCEYA regulations.
- Early Childhood Education degree / diploma OR a MACTE accredited Montessori Early Childhood diploma
- Knowledge or training in Elementary Montessori is an asset - Membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators - A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an
Early Childhood Educator or Montessori teacher
- Previous supervisory experience in a day care or other working environment is an asset
- Previous experience in administration
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service and a customer focused mind set
- A strong focus on the needs of children and their families
- Excellent relationship building skills with parents and staff
- Flexibility with the ability to manage and work with clients, staff and licensing
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills
- A strong business mind with administration and organizational skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching team/staff members
- Sound knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act and familiarity with CCEYA
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written communications
- Cool and calm under pressure
- Dependable and responsible
- Proven ability to multi-task
- A valid driver’s license with vehicle
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within the administrative team and assist with day-to-day operations
- Oversee implementation, monitor and update CCEYA rules, regulations and policies
- Attend regional meetings in relation of CCEYA
- Update all health listings, including health posters, classroom listings, dietary restrictions, menus, etc.
- Supervise, conduct reviews and provide guidance and support to all staff in relation to CCEYA
- Manage student to staff ratios, such as staff schedule, supply coverage, etc.
1. Integrity & Trust
2. Customer Focus
4. Problem Solving
5. Motivating Others
6. Interpersonal Savvy
7. Timely Decision Making
8. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
By joining our team you will be a part of a diverse and supporting organization where you will truly feel appreciated for your passion and dedication and can make a “lasting difference in the lives of children”. The Montessori Country School offers training programs, a fun and supportive environment and a benefits package for all employees.
For further information about The Montessori Country School, please visit our website at: http://www.montessoricountryschool.ca
Days: Hours: Monday – Friday Must be available between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
attention to Sarah Enright, Principal, before May 31, 2017. Also, please title your email ‘Milton Administrator’.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Montessori Country School
8560 Tremaine Road, Milton, Ontario, L9T 2Y3
Telephone 905.864-0590 www.montessoricountryschool.ca
Administrator - Milton, ON