Montessori Pedagogical Supervisor
Date Posted: 3/29/2017
Last updated: 3/29/2017 12:45:47 PM
Brilliant Futures Montessori School
325 Scott Street, St. Catharines, Ontario L2N 1J7
POSITION: MONTESSORI PEDAGOGICAL SUPERVISOR
Brilliant Futures Montessori is located in the city of St. Catharines. We are seeking an energetic Montessori Pedagogical Supervisor.
Working within the mission and mandate of Brilliant Futures Montessori, the Pedagogical Supervisor is the key staff person responsible for all academic programming of the centre. As a vital academic resource, the Pedagogical Supervisor works with the Directresses, Educators and community in a professional manner, upholding the integrity of the position and the school at all times. As the crucial leader in the school, the Pedagogical Supervisor is expected to foster an environment of open communication and to form positive relationships with the children, the parents, the educators and the community.
The Pedagogical Supervisor shall be responsible for the daily operation of the school including (but not limited to) Academic Programming, Communication and Education, Staff Supervision, Financial Planning, Policies and Procedures, and adhering to the requirements of various governmental legislations. In addition to having classroom responsibilities, the Pedagogical will lead and present parent workshops, curriculum night, open houses and parent/teacher interviews.
Hours: FULL – TIME CONTRACT POSITION
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Hold a Montessori Diploma (Toddler, CASA or Elementary) from the Association Montessori Internationale.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator would be an asset but not necessary.
- Dedicated and strongly committed to the Montessori pedagogy
- Experience working with children from toddler to 6 years of age
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative, positive and warm approach to teaching
- Strong classroom management, organization and planning skills
- The desire and ability to work as part of a team
- Ensure health and safety standards are met according to the Ministry of Education
- A valid Standard First Aid certificate and Infant/Child CPR is necessary.
- A Police Clearance Certificate with Vulnerable Sector check.
- Updated Immunization Record
Applicants please email your cover letter and resume by May 31, 2017 to:
Owner/Head of School
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Montessori Pedagogical Supervisor - St. Catharines, ON