Supervisor / Head of School
Date Posted: 4/24/2019
Last updated: 4/24/2019 4:57:47 PM
Pine Lake Montessori School is seeking an experienced Supervisor / Head of School to fill a vacancy commencing in summer of 2019.
Who is Pine Lake Montessori School?
Pine Lake Montessori School (PLMS) is a small, well-established school located in North York, ON. Fully licensed by the Ministry of Education and accredited by Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators, PLMS prides itself on creating a collaborative and diverse learning environment for children from the time they are toddlers, until the end of grade three. Our goal is to foster a learning environment that empowers children to reach their full potential as life-long learners. We are highly supportive of our staff, and consistently look for ways to help them grow, develop, and achieve their professional goals. Above all else, we value the principles of respect: respect for oneself, respect for others, and respect for the environment.
It’s an exciting time for PLMS. We’re in growth mode. We’re expanding our school and our offerings to better serve the children in our community. We are looking for exciting people to support that growth, and grow along with us. As a result of our expansion, we need a school Supervisor on our team. We are looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to Montessori Education, and can bring a strong level of professionalism to the PLMS community.
What are we looking for in our employees?
It is very important for those who work at Pine Lake Montessori to share the same core values and strive for the same goals as the school itself. Beyond exceptional communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the necessary credentials, it is essential for each applicant to have an unwavering commitment to truly understanding the needs of the Pine Lake children. We value team players with a positive attitude who are responsible, professional, and passionate. We are looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills, who are just as comfortable nurturing and educating children as they are discussing a child's performance with their parents, and collaborating closely with their colleagues. Pine Lake Montessori School is infused with a spirit of enthusiasm, with a dedication to excellence and compassion. We would expect the same in our teachers and staff.
If this sounds like you, please apply below. We can't wait to meet you!
- An AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori diploma at the Casa or Toddler level
- An active membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE) would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 2 years of professional teaching experience in a classroom setting
- Previous supervisory experience in a Montessori environment, day care, or another working environment would be considered an asset
- Must be currently eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to provide leadership in keeping with the Montessori Philosophy
- A strong business mind with solid administrative and organizational skills, and a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills in English (both oral and written) paired with a high degree of professionalism
- A passion for providing unparalleled customer service, and a customer-focused mind set
- Capacity to build and lead strong, cohesive teams
- Ability to create a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all members of the PLMS community
- A strong focus on the needs of children and their families
- Excellent relationship building skills both with parents and other PMLS staff members
- Flexibility with the ability to manage multiple priorities at one time including client requests, staff support, and licensing
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching team or staff members
- Sound knowledge of the CCEYA, regulations and legislation in order to ensure proper licensing requirements
- Implementation of CCMA code of Ethics.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Responsible for inventory control and allocation
- The ability to remain calm and organized under pressure
- Known to be dependable and responsible
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative in order to respond effectively to new and/or changing circumstances and requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours (between 7 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- A valid driver’s license with vehicle
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with a dynamic team of educators and assist with day-to-day operations within the school
- Manage, update, and organize all student and staff records
- Supervise and implement PLMS program statement and curricula
- Oversee the implementation of the CCEYA rules, regulations and policies, and monitor and update accordingly
- Attend regional meetings relating to the CCEYA
- Plan and Lead staff meetings
- Supervise, conduct reviews, and provide guidance and support to all staff in relation to CCEYA
- Coordinate all school events such as concerts, workshops, open houses, the school picnic, extra- curricular activities, and field trips
- Update all health listings, including health posters, classroom listings, dietary restrictions, menus, etc.
- Ensure the student to staff ratio is always on par with regulations and adjust staff scheduling and supply coverage as necessary
- Support on some human resource initiatives including recruitment, training, mentorship, and the evaluation of staff
- Develop and enforce personnel policies and procedures
- Promote, oversee, and ensure ongoing staff training and professional development opportunities are accessible and utilized
- Integrity and trust
- Problem solving
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
When you join the PLMS team, you become a part of a diverse organization that is dedicated to supporting each other, its students, and the community it serves. You will immediately feel a sense of collaboration and appreciation for the passion you bring to your role. We are working together to make a difference in the lives of the children we teach, and ensuring we set them up for future success. PLMS is proud to offer a variety of training programs in addition to an engaging and supportive work environment. We offer comprehensive benefits to all employees. For more information about Pine Lake Montessori School, please visit our website: http://www.pinelakemontessori.com.
Monday - Friday
Must be available and able to work flexible hours between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm
All interested candidates please forward resumes to Sue Eirdmousa at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Head of School - Toronto - North York & Central Toronto Area