Principal / Supervisor
Date Posted: 3/7/2019Last updated: 3/7/2019 1:07:50 PM
Petite Maison Montessori School
126 O'Connor Drive
East York, ON M4K 2K7
Full Time Permanent Position
Established in 1999, Petite Maison Montessori was the first accredited Montessori school in East York offering languages for children 17 months to 6 years of age. PMM has been providing quality early learning and an alternative kindergarten program for over 20 years!. We have 3 beautifully furnished and spacious classrooms with outdoor playground facilities and a license capacity of 58. Our dynamic small educational team of 10 is looking for a leader with passion and a proven leadership style.
Petite Maison Montessori is an amazing place to work! Steps away from Toronto’s Greektown and set amongst the trails of Beachwood Avenue, this school has a lot of heart and character! Check out our website at www.petitemaison.ca
We operate 11 months out of the year and follow the TDSB annual schedule ( September – June). Many of our alumni have come back to work for us during our summer July camp and we are set to celebrate our 20 year reunion in Athens Greece this summer 2019!
Our current principal/supervisor has been at the helm for over 20 years and is looking to step down from this role come September 2019. PMM is in search of an experienced child care professional to fill the full-time permanent role of Principal/Supervisor. This candidate will be responsible for the general operations of the school/daycare, ensuring compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations and reports to the owner/operator. The principal/ supervisor will ensure that the school’s policies and procedures are updated and followed at all times. Being in an established setting, the expectation is to maintain the high standards and administrative high caliber that the school has been accustomed to. This candidate is expected to create and maintain a professional atmosphere of learning, safety and mutual respect and mentoring of all staff.
The position of Principal/Supervisor is supported by a part-time administrative staff who is MACTE accredited and Trained in the Montessori Method of Education (ECE equivalency) with over 10 years experience. This administrative staff supports the principal/supervisor in the afternoons by maintaining the children’s files, accounts receivable, managing attendance records and family accounts in addition to a number of other administrative duties. The operator/owner will continue to work offsite and will be part of the administrative team.
● Must have proof of current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
● Minimum 5 years’ senior management level experience in a child care centre / Montessori school;
● Certificate in WHMIS and Health and Safety training;
● Valid Food Handler Certification within 2 years of expiry (or willing to certify prior to employment);
● Demonstrated in depth knowledge of:
o Toronto Children’s Services
o CCEYA (current and new legislation) and CCLS
o Expert level knowledge and experience to facilitate and support the implementation of How Does Learning Happen? foundations, goals and expectations
o Occupational Health and Safety Act,
o Current Canada Food Guide requirements,
o Toronto Public Health guidelines, requirements and legislation,
o Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource management best practices,
● Demonstrates passion for, and knowledge of, services for children and families such as child care, early child development, special needs, Montessori method of education etc.;
● Proven leadership and change management skills;
● Demonstrates skills in strategic thinking and planning;
● Previous experience in managing a diverse team.
● Ability to work with staff, children, and families in complex situations and from a variety of cultures and family values and beliefs;
● Capacity to build and lead strong, cohesive teams;
● Ability to work independently and to take initiative in order to respond effectively to new and/or changing circumstances and requirements;
● Demonstrated strong administrative, communication and interpersonal skills;
● Computer literacy skills - advanced level Microsoft Word
● Ability to work flexible hours (between 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.);
● Ability to work outside of centre’s operational hours (i.e. special events, professional development, attending meetings/workshops, on-call work, etc
● Oversee the day to day operations of the school and oversee all staff.
● Program Development: Develop, promote and implement Daycare’s philosophical approach and implementation of mission statement and CCMA code of Ethics.
● Ensure that children’s files are maintained in accordance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
● Human Resources: Recruit, train, mentor and evaluate staff; develop and enforce personnel policies and procedures; develop and maintain personnel files and annual employment contracts and agreements; promote, oversee and ensure ongoing staff training and professional development opportunities are accessible and utilized.
● Community & Advocacy: Participate in community committee work to advocate, support and enhance quality early learning in the child care and throughout Toronto.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: Generous comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of probation period
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION COMMENCES IN SEPTEMBER 2019
NOTE 1: If offered the Principal/Supervisor position, the successful candidate must provide up to date immunization record as per Ministry requirements and a clear health and vulnerable sector police reference check. Please be prepared to provide up to three (3) work related references who may be contacted directly. At least one of the references must be a person who has supervised you directly.
Many thanks to all who apply however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Petite Maison Montessori is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or consideration, please notify us in advance so we may assist as needed.
HEAD of SCHOOLS
Date Posted: 7/6/2018Last updated: 9/28/2018 12:06:11 PM
OMS Montessori (OMS) has been providing an authentic Montessori education in our nation’s capital for over 50 years. A non-profit organization with a staff of over 50 passionate Montessori educators and administrators, OMS is one of 3 CCMA accredited schools in the Ottawa area. The passion and commitment of our team of educators is truly exceptional, with many members having dedicated decades to our organization and our organization’s mission.
With almost 300 engaged young people at our school, we provide a Montessori education from 18 months of age through 18 years in both official languages. OMS is unique in the Ottawa area in providing a high school program based on Montessori principles. The Element High School, a part of OMS, has been in operation since 2003 with Junior High students (grades 7/8), and since 2015 with the High School (grades 9-12).
We are looking for a Head of Schools who shares our vision for an authentic Montessori learning environment and has the talent and perseverance to lead the comprehensive educational offering we provide to the community. Reporting to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the operations of the schools across both campuses. This includes growing enrollment, attracting and retaining great staff, sustaining a strong parent community, and ensuring an exceptional educational experience for each child.
The ideal candidate will be available to start after the close of the 2018/2019 school year or earlier.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest summarizing leadership vision, experience in education and familiarity with Montessori pedagogy, along with resume to email address: email@example.com. Please ensure to address how each of the essential and preferred qualifications are met. You may also request a more detailed job description.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on OMS, visit the website - http://www.omsmontessori.com/en/ and our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ottawa%20montessori%20school
Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators 505 Queensway East, Suite 209, Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4B4
Phone: 905-896-9094 or 1-800-954-6300 - Fax: 905-896-3824Email: firstname.lastname@example.org