Head of School
Date Posted: 11/12/2018
Last updated: 11/12/2018 3:50:57 PM
Kawartha Montessori School
2247 Burnham Line
Otonabee-South Monaghan, (Peterborough), ON
Job Posting: Head of School - Kawartha Montessori School
Kawartha Montessori School (KMS) has been providing an authentic Montessori education in Peterborough and the Kawarthas for 36 years. A not-for-profit organization with a staff who are passionate Montessori educators and administrators, KMS is the only CCMA accredited school in the Kawartha Region. The passion and commitment of our team of educators is truly exceptional, providing a diverse learning experience on a 10-acre rural school campus just a few minutes’ drive east of Peterborough, Ontario. Our mission is to provide an authentic Montessori education that emphasizes the whole child within an environment that inspires the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of socially responsible citizens. With over 100 engaged students at our school, we provide a Montessori education from age 30 months through to Grade 8.
We are looking for a Head of School who shares our vision for an authentic Montessori learning environment and has the motivation, talent and perseverance to lead our school through the next phase of development. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and managing all operational aspects of the school. The ideal candidate will be available to start in July 2019 or earlier.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• The HOS is the spokesperson for KMS with all its internal and external members including students, parents, staff, alumni, neighbours, business community, governmental agencies, and local, provincial, and national educational organizations and accrediting agencies.
• Lead and manage the pre-school and elementary programs to ensure exceptional educational experience for each child.
• As an ambassador for KMS within the community, the HOS ensures that the annual enrolment growth targets are met.
• Ensure the school maintains a high-quality authentic Montessori learning experience for each enrolled student.
• Create and foster a positive, constructive and engaging work environment for all staff, including attracting and retaining great staff, managing staff contracts and balancing staff to meet program requirements.
• Build a strong, engaged parent and volunteer community.
• Manage the relationship with the educational regulatory bodies in Ontario and ensure provincial educational requirements and regulations are met.
• Manage an operating budget to ensure that KMS remains financially strong.
• Manage fundraising campaigns in a not-for-profit environment.
• Work with the volunteer Board of Directors to implement the strategic plan.
• Maintain a strong administrative team and faculty through effective recruiting, development and performance management of the employees of the school.
• Problem-solve student, parent, and staff issues collaboratively.
• Create and implement a marketing strategy that builds awareness and grows the school’s profile within the community.
• Working with Administration, the HoS will ensure KMS always remains a Montessori accredited school.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Education Degree
• A minimum of two years of experience as a school administrator, principal, or vice principal with significant classroom experience.
• Proven success in both teaching and administrative and leadership positions in an educational environment
• Demonstrated experience in budget management and reporting, scheduling, and school operations
• Excellent communicator with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders to achieve the school mission and to support the school community
• Passion for building and maintaining strong team environments
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse stakeholders.
• Experience leading organizational change and strategic initiatives.
• Must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
• Diploma at any level from: Association Montessori International, American Montessori Society, Montessori Teachers College or Toronto Montessori Institute.
• Experience teaching in an accredited Montessori classroom.
• Familiarity with Ontario elementary curriculum as well as Ontario Ministry of Education requirements and regulations.
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Professional development opportunities
• Rural and small city community in the heart of Kawartha Cottage Country, affordable and diverse community, 10-acre campus with direct access to provincial park.
• Tuition discount for dependents attending KMS.
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest summarizing leadership vision, experience in education and familiarity with Montessori pedagogy, along with resume to email address: Board@kawarthamontessori.com. Please ensure to address how each of the essential and preferred qualifications are met. For more information on KMS, visit the website - https://kawarthamontessori.com and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=kawartha%20montessori%20school
Kawartha Montessori School…where brilliant futures begin.
Principal / Head of School - Peterborough, ON