IB Middle School Designation Teacher - September 2018
Date Posted: 3/14/2018
Last updated: 3/14/2018 11:16:16 AM
Peel Montessori School
964 Meadow Wood Road, Mississauga, Ontario
Peel Montessori is a well-established private school in the lovely Lorne Park/Clarkson community bordering Oakville. We are looking for career-minded candidates to join our dynamic, family-friendly school. Our school provides a professional, warm atmosphere for students, teachers, and parents. If you are a patient, dedicated teacher with a positive, joyful disposition who can provide a respectful and nurturing environment for children of all ages, you are welcome to apply.
Positions: (Required for September 2018)
1. Elementary Directress AMI certification, 2 years experience. OCT asset
2. Casa Directress - AMI certification, 2 years experience, RECE or OCT an asset
3. Toddler Assistant
4. IB Middle School Designation, Oct an asset
We are proud of our long-standing AMI staff who retired after providing 18 years of professional service.
Personal Quality Overview:
Although the responsibilities will vary depending on the position, the following overview are consistent with all positions.
- A keen observer of the needs and interests of the children
- Provide a professional, but warm presence and enthusiasm
- You are a team player who promotes and supports the overall goals, vision, and policies and procedures of the school.
- Is flexible and dependable in regards to the needs of the children and requirements of the school.
- Communicates with gentleness to the children and in a professional, positive manner to parents, students, co-teachers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Is a self-starter, organized, and conducts all responsibilities with dedication, trust, and pride
- Understanding of the importance of maintaining the integrity and scope of the programme
- Participates in all school events
- Mandarin an asset.
- Self-motivated and ability to carry on required responsibilities with the highest of standards
- Creates a loving and joyful learning environment
Position Requirements Overview:
– AMI Certification
– Bachelor’s degree asset (OCT) or RECE (Casa)
– Two to Three years teaching experience and willingness to be in-house guided
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening clearance
- Standard First Aid and CPR (for children 18 months to Grade 6)
Salary & Compensation:
Salary is commensurate with years of experience and education. Professional references are required.
with the heading CAREERS CASA OR CAREERS ELEMENTARY
Include a cover letter with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants in advance, but due to volume only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying.
Teacher - Junior High / Middle School - Grades 7 & 8 - Mississauga, ON