Why Choose a CCMA School?
Parents who choose a CCMA Accredited Member school are joining those who want the best possible education for their children based on authentic Montessori philosophy.
Because the Montessori name is in the public domain, any school can call itself a Montessori school even if it offers education that differs from Montessori philosophy and standards of practice.
CCMA sets standards to protect the Montessori name. Accreditation by CCMA is a way to help schools be accountable to each other, parents, and the larger community. It also helps establish a consistency of standards and the preservation of the Montessori philosophy of education. For parents, CCMA provides information and education to help make good choices and support their children in Montessori schools.
A CCMA School offers your child:
- A carefully prepared child-centred environment
- Mixed age (family groupings) per classroom
- An opportunity to progress at his/her own pace
- Activity-based learning
- Freedom and responsibility
- Co-operation, collaboration, not competition
A CCMA School offers you as a parent:
- Ongoing feedback on your child's progress
- An invitation to participate in many aspects of school life
- An environment where parents and teachers support each other with the desire to help your child be successful