Adolescent Montessori Guide – Start Date: September 2021
Strata Montessori Adolescent School is accepting applications for a Montessori Adolescent Guide.
General Description: The Adolescent Guide shall be working as a member of a team in guiding our community of adolescents from the ages of 12 to 15 years old (grades 7-9). The Guide will lead the education of the students in their care according to the educational philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- AMI adolescent diploma, AMI orientation certificate, or equivalent AMS adolescent training.
- Another level of AMI or MACTE Montessori training
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Math and Science an essential
- Prefer 5 years as a Montessori trained guide
- A commitment to education as a means for human development
- An ability to consider the beliefs and perspectives of others
- A willingness to support a culture of collaboration and teamwork
Areas of responsibility
- Believing and being patient and reverent of the adolescent plane of development.
- Work in collaboration with and guide each adolescent towards the realization of their unique potential.
- Establish and maintain an AMI adolescent Montessori prepared environment.
- Establish a community based on freedom with responsibility.
- Ensure respect and safety for every adolescent within the community.
- Ensure respect for and provide for individual learning differences.
- Model professional integrity.
- Work in collaboration and patience with colleagues in service of the adolescent community.
- Contribute to their fair share of the operational needs of the school.
- Ability to join on Odysseys (canoeing and bicycling)
- Civility, humility, and integrity in working with staff, parents and students
- Openness to creating meaningful relationships in support of teaching and learning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Positivity and high expectations for themselves, the students and the program
- Willingness to work hard and side by side with the students and be a steadfast role model.
- Ability to manage competing tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to remain on task and follow through with projects to their completion.
About Strata Montessori Adolescent School
Strata Montessori Adolescent School was established in 2011 as a partner school of Dundas Valley Montessori School with the goal of offering high fidelity Montessori education to adolescence. Strata is recognized internationally as a paradigm of Montessori Adolescent Education. Situated on 5 acres in the middle of the Dundas Valley Conservation lands, it is Canada’s 1st true Erdkinder.
The school has utilized an Anglican retreat centre for its environment. There is a full commercial kitchen, chickens, and bees as well as a growing permaculture garden. Our land and our community are what we build our curriculum around. Leadership at Strata is both supportive and collaborative and a part of the job. At Strata we strongly encourage our faculty and staff’s professional and personal growth. We offer competitive salaries and a benefits package, including health and dental insurance, retirement, and many staff development opportunities and a free lunch prepared by adolescents every day. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please respond to School director Tony Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.