After School Program Coordinator – Start Date: September 2022
Dearcroft Montessori School
Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft Montessori school is looking for an experienced, organized, and responsible person to coordinate the After School Program, where children experience play-based care in a safe environment. Our After School Program begins at 3:30 pm until. 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday throughout the school year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Responsible and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience developing and implementing programs for multiage students
- Experience working in collaborative Montessori environment preferred
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- Working with children (aged 18 months through to 12 yrs old).
- Leading organized activities, such as arts, crafts or games and engaging children in play-based learning environment.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and providing opportunities to express creativity.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain guidelines for behaviour.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, safety and well-being of children.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Assess the abilities, interest and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents and other staff members.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (certified): 1 year preferred
- Policy Vulnerable Safety Check
- Valid First Aid/CPR (with Infant training & AED)
- Up to date Immunization
Start Date: September 2022
Job Type: Part-time (12-13 hrs/wk)
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials
Resumes should be forwarded to email@example.com.
|Job Category||After School Program Coordinator|