Casa Assistant – Part-time – Starting August 31, 2023
Hillside Montessori School
Hillside is a well-established, vibrant school that has been providing consistent and quality early childhood education to Etobicoke families for over 20 years. We are in Humber Valley Village at Islington and Rathburn. We are a CCMA accredited school and licensed by the Ministry of Education.
We are seeking a Part-Time Casa Assistant starting August 31, 2023, to support the Montessori Lead Casa Guides in the classroom. We are looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to Montessori Education.
The successful candidate will need to meet the following requirements:
• MACTE or ECE assistant or RECE qualification (in good standing with the college of ECE)
• Creative, positive, and warm approach to teaching
• Reliable and punctual
• Strong classroom management, excellent communication, and organization skills
• To maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy at all times
• Familiar with the Montessori Philosophy
• Experience with children ages 2 ½ to 6 years
• Adaptable and able to work effectively as part of a team in a support role
• A Clear Police Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check
• Current First Aid and CPR C level
• Updated immunization record
• To supervise the children, ensuring a safe environment
• Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 1:00 pm
• To plan and teach small group lessons.
• Support the lead teacher and assist the children when needed with work, washroom, lunch preparation, and the daily routine.
• To maintain a positive and consistent approach towards child management that is compatible with the philosophy of Ministry of Education
• To assist, supervise and guide students, supply staff and volunteers.
• To demonstrate sound knowledge of all relevant sections of the Child Care & Early Years Act
• To maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy always
Please email your resume to: [email protected]
|Job Category||Classroom Assistants - All Levels|