CASA DIRECTRESS (Full time) – Start Date: January 2020
Stoney Creek Montessori School is an accredited Early Childhood Centre and an Applicant Member of the CCMA. We are looking for a CASA directress to join our team from January 2020.
As a CASA guide, the candidate would be expected to prepare the learning environment to meet the needs of the children, to gently guide them in their exploration of the environment, and to track their growth and development.
– Ensure that the learning environment provides a full range of Montessori materials at all times
– Monitor the development and interests of the children and add appropriate activities to the learning environment
– Model warm, loving behaviours that the children can imitate
– Encourage child-led problem solving and exploration
– Have strong classroom management skills
– Engage empathetically with families with effective communication skills and professionalism
– Monitor and respond in a timely manner to classroom emails
– MACTE/AMI Montessori trained (ideally with 1 year of experience but new grads or grads in training are welcome to apply)
– Current First Aid Certification
– Vulnerable Sector Check
This position offers an 18-month contract, subject to a probational period of 3 months, with a competitive salary (commensurate with experience). Professional development opportunities are offered to every staff member annually. We also offer a family-oriented, respectful, loving work environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to send the following to
● cover letter, including a description of why you are the right person
● résumé, including two references
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|