Casa Directress, Job No: 21001006
KinderHaus Montessori, Oak Ridges (Richmond Hill)
KinderHaus is an authentic Montessori school situated in the serene Oak Ridges area of Richmond Hill, serving King City, Aurora, Newmarket and Stouffville areas. While we are a newly formed school at this location, we have been in operation since 1997 – initially as Bloomington Montessori and then from 2003 as Church Street Montessori in Aurora. Church Street Montessori was the 1st AMI Recognized school in the York Region.
Our casa program combines three elements – authentic Montessori curriculum, frequent walking trips around the school, and inclusion of children in the planning of volunteer activities that the school participates in. Together, the mix of these three elements, make learning more practical and fun for our children, while providing the foundation for holistic development. We meet all AMI requirements and are currently in the process of obtaining AMI Recognition from AMI Canada.
We are growing and require an AMI trained, full time lead teacher/Directress for our Casa Montessori program who is energetic, caring, passonate about Montessori, and share our vision of nurturing children one child at a time. The position will require you to uphold the Montessori curriculum in the classroom while ensuring that you and your colleagues jointly deliver a unified vision of the classroom and KinderHaus. The position is available immediately.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
– AMI Montessori Casa Diploma (preferred) or TMI Montessori Diploma
– Minimum 2 years of working experience with children 3 to 6 years of age
– Experience in engaging/communicating with parents about curriculum and progress of children
– Passionate and committed to nurturing each child towards holistic development
– Possess strong leadership, organizational, and effective classroom management skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
– Positive attitude, enthusiastic, energetic, engaging, and desire/willingness to work as a team
– Valid Standard First Aid/CPR level C certificate
– Updated Immunization record with negative TB test
– Recent Vulnerable Sector Check
– Successful completion of Food Handler Certification
– Provide two references
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 10 months
COVID-19 considerations: We follow York Region Public Health guidelines for COVID; Full vaccination required; PPE must be worn.
Please send resume and cover letter to: khm@KinderHaus.ca
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|