Casa Montessori Guide – Start Date: August 31, 2023
Hillside Montessori School
Hillside is a well-established, vibrant school that has been providing consistent and quality Montessori education to Etobicoke families for over 20 years. We are located in Humber Valley Village at Islington and Rathburn.
We are a CCMA accredited school and licensed by the Ministry of Education.
We are seeking a Full Time Casa Montessori Guide starting August 31, 2023, to co-teach with our Lead Casa Guide in the classroom.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to Montessori Education.
The successful candidate will need to meet the following qualifications:
• Must have successfully completed a MACTE/AMI accredited program
• Is creative, positive, and has a warm approach to teaching
• Reliable and punctual
• Strong classroom management, excellent communication, and organization skills
• Maintains professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy at all times
• Has experience with children ages 2 ½ to 6 years
• Adaptable and able to work effectively as part of a team
• A Clear Police Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C level
• Updated immunization record
• Starting salary range of $21.00 -$23.00 per hour
• Hours are from 8:30-4:30
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Co-teaching in our Casa classroom for 24 students with the help of a co-teacher and an assistant
• Supervise the children, ensure a safe environment and forms relationships with the children, staff and parents
• Caring for all aspects of the prepared learning environment
• Lesson planning and record keeping, conducting parent teacher conferences and writing report cards
• Assists the children when needed with work, washroom, lunch preparation, and the daily routine
• Maintains a positive and consistent approach towards child management that is compatible with the philosophy of Ministry of Education
• To communicate with parents daily in an open and supportive manner
• To demonstrate sound knowledge of all relevant sections of the Child Care & Early Years Act
Please email your resume to: [email protected]