Casa Montessori Teacher – Start: July 2021
Peace of Mind Montessori School – 354 Upper Middle Rd E, Oakville, ON L6H 7H4
At Peace of Mind Montessori School, we have a set of core virtues that help guide the work we do with children. We believe in Tolerance & Compassion, Positive Attitude, Generosity, Gratitude and Passion. We are looking for an educator who possesses love, patience, and respect for children and can provide nurturing environment that promotes joy of learning and self-discovery.
• Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom;
• Maintain knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops:
• Maintain a high level of professional at all time;
• Follow and implement health and safety through the uses of a variety of tools including daily observation forms, sanitary practices forms, medication forms, and the environmental assessment tools;
• Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas;
• Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture;
• Allow children to be as independent as possible;
• Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization;
• Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs;
• Conduct parent/teacher interviews;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and co-teachers;
• Participate in school special activities and celebrations;
• Prepare monthly classroom calendar and newsletter;
• Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child;
• Responsible for classroom cleanliness;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: MACTE-accredited Montessori certification
Mandatory Requirements: Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification; Updated Immunization & Current TB Screening; Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector). Immediate Availability & Flexibility to work different shifts (7:30 am to 6:00 pm)
Required experience: Child Care: 1 year; Teaching: 3 years.
Start Day: summer 2021
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com