Casa Recess/Lunch Supervisor
Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft Montessori school is looking for an organized, and responsible person to supervise Casa recess and lunch, where children experience play-based care in a safe environment. Our Casa recess and lunch supervision is required from 11 am until 1 pm, Wednesday to Friday throughout the school year, and occasional coverage on Mondays and Tuesdays. This position has potential to grow into greater opportunities within Dearcroft, as well as classroom supply.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience working in collaborative Montessori environment an asset
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- Working with children (aged 18 months through to 6+ yrs old)
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain guidelines for behaviour
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, safety and well-being of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Police Vulnerable Safety Check
- Up to date immunization, including 2 valid doses for COVID-19, and negative 2 step TB test as per school policy
- Valid First Aid/CPR is preferred
- Early Childhood Educator and/or Montessori training an asset
Start Date: Flexible, ASAP
Job Type: Part-time (6+ hrs/wk) plus classroom supply opportunities
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials ($18.00 to $20.00 /hour)
Resumes should be forwarded to Catherine DeBorba at email@example.com.