Casa Teacher for September 2021
Seeking Casa Teacher for September 2021
We are seeking a Casa Montessori teacher with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. We are currently an unlicensed school and are building a new, larger, licensed school this year- one that goes beyond the typical school. We not only focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill building, and creating independence, but something beyond that, much more unique & special. We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly unique.
This is based on advanced psychology and neuroscience that will be applied in the children’s environment.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development.
We will be providing additional training in psychology and neuroscience that will be able to be directly applied to the children and the environment.
This is also an opportunity for a teacher to get in on the ground floor with interest in being a part of a team and potentially a larger leadership role in the future, creating a paradigm shift in education.
We are looking for a teacher with a passion for empowering children, a love for learning and having fun. We’re looking for a teacher with emotional intelligence, empathy and patience. A teacher that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs, new environments, and new research. A teacher that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions.
If you are a teacher that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your life, are open-minded, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful, then this role is for you.
The child age range is 2.5-6 years old.
We are looking for someone that has minimum 2 years experience.
We offer premium pay.
Our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history.
We believe it is crucial at this time to make sure the children are building a positive/growth mindset and resiliency in this unprecedented time. An environment that doesn’t breed fear, but love, joy, and critical thinking. An environment where it’s encouraged for children to interact without being encumbered by distance restrictions or covering up those beautiful, happy faces.
Education, Experience and Training:
Ideal candidate must hold an AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma and have 2 years experience in a Montessori classroom environment or school environment. Added RECE/ECE experience is an asset. Must be First Aid/CPR trained with an up to date certification. Must possess a Vulnerable Sector Reference Check. Food Handler trained an asset.
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma in the area of Early Childhood
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Lots of positive energy, loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- To have a good understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Must have strong communication, and management abilities.
- Up to date with Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Criminal reference check – vulnerable sector screening
- Added RECE/ECE experience an asset
- Food Handler Trained an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office System
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, which will be used to communicate with management, employees, parents/guardians, community agencies, general public and children
- Must have excellent organization skills and time management and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and a positive professional attitude
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Have a passion for health and wellness and the great outdoors
- Protect, honour and respect the well-being of the children
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori curriculum for Casa aged children in a respectful, loving and caring environment.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment inside the classroom and with outdoor programming.
- Guide, support and manage a classroom of 18-24 children of varying ages (2.5-6), needs and abilities by implementing an exceptional Montessori program
- Able to implement additional philosophy into curriculum
- Support, manage and possibly train teaching assistant(s), offer constructive feedback when necessary
- Enhancing and ensuring a positive and friendly school environment
- Plan and conduct presentations according to child’s age, interest and skill level both individually and in small groups
- Collaborate and conduct Parent Education Nights with fellow teachers and head of school
- Conduct daily observations of classroom and children
- Create and maintain student progress records and complete a report for all students three times a year (midwinter, pre- March Break and end of June)
- Communicate with the children, parents, and the community as a whole in a compassionate, positive, supportive, and open-minded manner, considering the children and parents’ perspective.
- Having strong knowledge of and ability to support children’s self-regulation.
- Open communication with administration to seek solutions and work collaboratively with the team.
- Know and follow all school policies
- Build, maintain and repair (when needed) the classroom’s physical environment, keeping materials and objects clean, functional, attractive and well stocked. Identify and recommend when new materials need to be purchased in advance.
- Participate in school’s hiring processes as appropriate and necessary
- Developing, maintaining and nurturing relationships with families, children, staff and other parties (Ministry of Education, Toronto City Council)
- Attend staff meetings, professional development days and school events as required
- Provide annual self-evaluation forms and review
- A drive to develop professionally and personally with continuous education.
- More details will take place during the interview.
Successful candidate will be required to provide:
- Copies of certificates of the aforementioned qualifications
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification, or proof of enrollment in course
Please forward your resume to: Adrian – firstname.lastname@example.org