Casa Teacher – Start Date: August 2020
Boardwalk Montessori School seeks a Casa Teacher (Children with age of 2.5 to 6 years) to start in August 2020
Boardwalk Montessori School has a long history in Montessori, spanning forty-plus years. We are accredited by the Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators and Licensed by Child Care Early Years, Ministry of Education. We are seeking a Casa Montessori Teacher to join our loving and caring school community. Children begin their time at Boardwalk Montessori School at the Toddler level and continue until entering Grade one.
Our three “R” are Respect, Resourcefulness and Responsibility. We guide the children with love, understanding and respect and value their unique personalities. The staff of Boardwalk Montessori School work together to foster a Montessori environment that guides each child towards their full potential.
Our location: In the heart of the Beaches, Toronto
1975 B Queen St E.
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma in the area of Early Childhood
- RECE is an asset
- Minimum 1-year experience – preferred
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Certified in Standard first aid with Infant and Child CPR- Level C
- Current Criminal Reference Check, Vulnerable Sector will be requested
- Immunization Record, TB test and Letter of Wellness from a doctor will be required.
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori program for Casa aged children in a respectful, loving and caring environment.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment inside the classroom and outdoor programming.
- To have a good understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills are essential.
- Communicate with the children, parents, staff, and the Boardwalk Montessori School community as a whole in a compassionate, positive, supportive, and open-minded manner, considering the children, parents, and staff’s perspective.
- Having strong knowledge and supporting children’s self-regulation.
- Open door policy with Administration to seek solutions and work collaboratively with the team.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Maintain the classroom environment and material making.
- Eight hours per day
- 30 Minute Lunch Break
- A detailed discussion regarding the job description will take place during the interview.
Date of employment to commence:
Monday, August 24th, 2020
Salary is negotiable
Preferably a 12-month contract
Two weeks paid holidays in December and March
Please contact Jo-Anne Sexton directly on her cell at 647 400 2845 or send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|