Children’s House Teacher (2-1/2 to 6 years) – Start: August 2022
TMS is a leading independent school in Richmond Hill that combines Montessori and International Baccalaureate frameworks to provide students from 18 months to Grade 12 the foundation for a life of goodness and excellence. TMS is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS Lower School (Bayview Campus) is inviting applications from motivated, inspiring individuals for a 1-year contract:
Children’s House Teacher (Students aged 2 ½ to 6 years)
TMS has a thriving Toddler and Children’s House Montessori Program with a skilled faculty and students who achieve extraordinary results. The successful candidate will work with students, parents, and teachers to help students reach their full potential in the Program. This position will commence late August 2022.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing students an educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential
- Ensuring a welcoming classroom environment in a manner that reflects the TMS commitment to supporting students and their families, and the motto “I am Known”
- Supporting the growth and development of individual learners through the delivery of the Montessori philosophy
- Participating actively in faculty and department meetings to plan, review and update the written curriculum
- Establishing good relationships with teachers, staff and parents across the school community
- Being an active and positive participant in the extracurricular and community life of the school
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
- MACTE approved Montessori Teacher Certification (Early Childhood)
- Undergraduate Degree
- ECE Diploma and familiarity with the CCEYA Act considered an asset
- Experience teaching children aged 2 ½ to 6 years
- A demonstrated passion for working with children
- The ability to collaborate and contribute as a team player
- A proven professional approach and work ethic
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and goal setting in line with the TMS vision
- A current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED
TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including participation in the School’s Pension Plan, opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to work in a vibrant, collegial workplace.
If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for your teaching goals, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by: May 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TMS is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on TMS, please visit our website at www.tmsschool.ca
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|