Summerland Montessori School
10317 Prairie Valley Road
Summerland Montessori School is a non-profit independent school nestled in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Summerland, British Columbia. Summerland Montessori School is a multi-age school raging from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5. Summerland Montessori School is known for play-based learning, our strong sense of community, lots of outdoor fun, a collaborative culture, a commitment to professional development for our team, and meeting students where they are with their individual learning. The school has an AIM French program that students learn from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Education Assistants. Our ideal candidate would be under the supervision of the Head of School or designate, and the guidance of teachers, the Education Assistant provides classroom support for students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide classroom support in collaboration with teachers, the principal/ vice-principal and the school-based team.
- Foster caring, committed, and supportive relationships with students and families
- Assist students in the development of effective academic and social, emotional and behavioural strategies.
- Monitor student progress through the collection of objective data as requested.
- Implement adaptations and modifications as outlined in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Utilize technology to support student learning.
- Participate in professional development training related to Montessori and other educational initiatives
- Model a strong work ethic, high standard of commitment, and maintain excellent professionalism in all interactions with colleagues, students and parents
- Attend meetings and/or accompany students on field trips as requested.
- Participate in community building events, both in and out of school hours
- Promote and support the mission, vision and values of the school
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education Assistant diploma
- At least four months recent and successful experience working with K-5 children in structured programs or school settings.
- 1-2 years experience
- Valid First Aid
Salary and Benefits
- Salary based on the school’s approved Education Assistant salary scale, dependant on experience and schedule availability
- Extended health and dental plan
- RRSP matching
- Regular professional development
Applications must be submitted to Shandel Larsson, [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Copy of Education Assistant Certificate
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from your most recent Principal/Supervisor
- Background check (upon request)
|Job Category||Classroom Assistants - All Levels|