TMS is a leading independent school in Richmond Hill that combines the Montessori and International Baccalaureate frameworks to provide students from 18 months to Grade 12 the foundation for a life of goodness and excellence. TMS is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS is inviting applications from motivated, inspiring individuals for the position of:
The Facilities Supervisor assists the Director, Facilities in ensuring the school facilities are maintained to the highest standard of care. The Facilities Supervisor helps the department to achieve a high level of parent and employee satisfaction, performing maintenance tasks on a timely and cost efficient basis. Work hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Monday through Friday, although there are also periodic on call responsibilities after school hours. While the primary work location is at the Upper School campus, this position may be required to shift between campuses in the absence of the Director.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Comply with all TMS School policies, procedures and quality standards as well as safety and environmental regulations
- Ensure facilities are maintained to a high level of care and that all safety concerns are addressed
- Coordinate and schedule all maintenance, cleaning requests, and work orders
- In conjunction with Director, Facilities, supervise, train and manage the facilities team
- Ensure compliance with government health and safety standards, keeping records of all permits, licenses, and citations
- Oversee third-party vendors, i.e. landscaping, pest control, and alarm system
- Manage the fire, safety, and security systems
- Respond quickly to emergency problems and be on-call 24/7 to meet with service providers, contractors or suppliers, when necessary
- Maintain inventory of tools and supplies for custodial, maintenance, and emergency preparedness
- Work with the Director, Facilities in the management of construction, renovation, and maintenance operations and projects
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the school
- Coordinate move/relocation with IT and other related parties, as required
- Coordinate appropriate facilities set-up and technical equipment for a variety of activities, either for the School or for outside use as required.
- Maintain manual and electronic documents, files and records (inspection records, time sheet, work orders and requisitions, supplies, chemical storage, crisis management data, security controls) for the purpose of documenting activities and ensuring an up-to-date reference.
- Inspect school facilities for the purpose of ensuring that all facilities are suitable for safe operations, and maintained in an attractive and clean condition.
- Plan, schedule, and perform preventative and ongoing maintenance tasks for purpose of ensuring equipment is in proper working condition.
- Contribute to Facilities budget consultation process
- Assist with traffic control as well as event setup/take downs
- Performs grounds keeping maintenance, including snow and ice control in winter months.
- Previous experience in a similar role is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with contractors and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Audio visual equipment with ability to problem solve
- Strong knowledge of construction and renovations, small power tools, ground maintenance equipment
- Familiar with BacNet software and Building Automation Systems
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in the safe operation of a variety of tools, machinery, power equipment used in performing essential functions
- Physically able to perform a full range of duties including the ability to lift 25 lbs., work at heights above 8ft., and to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Building Environmental Systems Operator certificate program , or similar is considered an asset
- CPR and First Aid Training
- JHSC experience
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Basic knowledge of building codes and construction and architecture terminology
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to withstand a variety of indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Experience supporting a team
TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including participation in the School’s Pension Plan, and opportunities for professional development.
If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for your career goals, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by: May 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TMS is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on TMS, please visit our website at www.tmsschool.ca.
|Job Category||Facilities Supervisor|