Math/Science Guide – Grades 7 to 10 – for September 2023
Fredericton Montessori Academy is continuing to grow our Adolescent Program. For our 2023-2024 Academic Year, we are looking for a Math / Science Guide to challenge and inspire our Grade 7 to 10 students.
We are looking for applicants that are contributors to a professional learning environment that offers a positive school culture, including supportive guidance, a cohesive faculty team, well-equipped classrooms, creative freedom, mutual respect, benefits, and a distinguished career path. Currently, we are only able to consider Canadian applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) and Montessori Secondary I certification (or willingness to take training to get that certification).
- Experience with and understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents.
- Leading daily classes in Math and Science
- Develop a positive rapport with children while demonstrating realistic expectations based on age and abilities.
- Oversee the safety and physical well-being of the children at all times.
- Provide timely and informative feedback to students on their work
- Prepare a clean and orderly environment where furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the group allowing students to participate in its maintenance.
- Adhere to Montessori guidelines and professional standards.
Record Keeping, Reporting and Communication
- Maintain curriculum planning, observational and academic records, including report cards, attendance, and parent correspondence.
- Plan, prepare and submit lesson plans/subject syllabi to the middle school program director for review.
- Hold conferences during the school year while proactively initiating discussions with parents in the early stages of issues.
- Communicate and cooperate with the administration on program needs and changes.
- Communicate effectively with the staff members, students, and parents.
- Attend weekly team meetings and monthly school staff meetings as required.
- Prepare annual goals, participate in peer consultations and self-evaluations, and consult with the principal and program director regarding professional growth and development.
- Assist with other projects, programs, and planning as assigned (including planning and participating in Odysseys)
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlined in the Administrative and Staff Handbook.
Please forward all resumes to email@example.com – This competition will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
|Job Category||Adolescent Math/Science Guide|