Montessori Casa Teacher – Full-Time
Royal Cachet Montessori and Private Schools
9921 Woodbine Ave.
Phone: (905) 888-7700
160 Mostar St.
Phone: (905) 640-8088
Royal Cachet Montessori Schools offer programs for Infant, Toddler, Casa, and Elementary students in our clean, bright, spacious, and healthy environment facilities located in Markham and Stouffville.
Royal Cachet Montessori Schools are expanding and now seeking a Casa Montessori educator to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, wage enhancement, and further funding (i.e. GOG).
– MACTE-Accredited Casa Montessori Teacher to work with children aged between 2.5 – 6 years old or with senior Casa students.
– Full-Time, Monday to Friday, 7.5 – 8 hours of work per day.
– Planning and implementing Montessori curriculum activities that encourage children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development;
– Maintain open communication with coworkers and parents;
– Work independently and collaboratively in a team environment to help our students flourish;
– Maintain up-to-date and accurate student records;
– Proficiently write report cards;
– Observe and record relevant information on each child’s progress;
– Participate in outdoor activities (and indoor activities in our gyms) with the children during their scheduled activity time;
– Ensure compliance with all required standards (i.e. CCEYA, CCMA, etc.)
– Provide supervision and training of students and supply teachers;
– Attend all mandatory training and staff meetings required by the school;
– Participate in all school events including open houses, parent meetings, etc. as required by the school;
– Maintain classroom and teaching materials (including actively participating in making materials) in good condition, including being responsible for disinfection and other assigned cleaning duties;
– Perform other duties as assigned by the RECE Supervisor and Head of Schools.
– MACTE-Accredited Casa Montessori diploma
– Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
– Up-to-date medical records (immunizations), TB test, etc.
– Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon hiring
– At least 2 years of experience working with children and teaching them the Montessori curriculum
– Strong communication (written and verbal) skills in English
– Passion for working with children
– Positive, enthusiastic, caring, patient, and loving demeanour
– Confident in the use of technology and capable of using Zoom and Google Classroom.
– $33,000 to $48,000, paid on a bi-weekly schedule through Ceridian direct deposit
– Including $2 an hour wage enhancement from York Region
– Earnings based on experience and years of teaching as well as the hours worked per day
– Additional funding from York Region’s GOG budget would increase the above salary per hour
Applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your submissions, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.