Montessori Casa Teacher – Full-time – Maternity Leave – Academic Year 2021-2022
Sunshine Montessori School (SMS) is a co-educational independent school for children ages 18 months through Grade 8. Located in Kitchener-Waterloo, we are a CCMA Accredited Montessori School offering an outstanding Montessori program where students can realize their potential by igniting their natural curiosity and passion for learning.
Montessori Casa Teacher
Full-Time – Maternity Leave – Academic Year 2021- 2022
Salary Range – $31,000 to $59,000
- MACTE Casa diploma
- High level of knowledge and teaching experience
- Experience in a collaborative Montessori environment an asset
- BA, or OCT, or RECE certification are an asset
- Schedule and deliver the children’s individual and group lessons and activities in cooperation with the teaching assistant
- Be responsible and aware of the safety of the children at all times.
- Be responsible for the care and renewal of the learning environment and actively participate in making materials.
- Maintain observational and attendance records of each child in an orderly fashion.
- Obtain necessary documents from parents to complete student files.
- Be aware of each child’s progress while keeping communication with the teaching assistant regarding all children’s progress within your care.
- Keep parents informed of child’s ongoing progress, through parent-teacher conferences and in writing year-end progress reports
- Implement and practice SMS’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
SMS Core Competencies:
|· Adaptability & Flexibility
· Contributing to and Valuing a Diverse School Community
· Collaborative Team Player
· Integrity & Trust
· Learning Agility
· Problem Solving
· Relationship Building
· Service Orientation
- Professional Knowledge
- Commitment to Student Learning & Success
- Breadth of Contribution
As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required and a medical clearance from a physician, and current Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
SMS is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of your accessibility needs and we will ensure they are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your submissions, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|