Montessori Directress for August 28, 2023
Wishing Well Schools, a CCMA Accredited school located in Markham, is seeking a Montessori Directress for our mixed age Casa classroom for September, 2023.
The Montessori teacher’s responsibilities include creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills, assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating with parents as required. You should be able to create a nurturing, stimulating classroom where every child feels included.
To be successful as a Montessori teacher, you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in the children in your care. Outstanding candidates are able to accept failure, learn from their mistakes, and embrace creativity and independence.
Montessori Teacher Responsibilities:
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
- Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
- Interviewing and assisting with the training of all new teachers.
Montessori Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood teaching, education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center.
- Additional courses or training in education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Start Date: August 28th, 2023
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|