Montessori Head of School – Beginning June 2022
Clanmore Montessori School is a well-established private school located near Toronto in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Housed in a beautifully restored historic farmhouse with custom designed additions, Clanmore offers authentic Montessori programming from toddler through to adolescence in a cooperative work environment.
Looking to the future, we are in search of a dedicated, experienced educator to lead Clanmore as Head of School, beginning in June 2022.
The Head of School will be responsible for:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations
- Upholding and guiding a high standard of Montessori programming
- Financial planning and management
- Staff recruitment, selection and development
- Policy maintenance and development
- Overseeing regulatory compliance
- Responding to internal and external critical incidents and concerns
- Liaising with the Advisory Board on all matters regarding the school
- Maintaining the School’s presence in the wider Montessori community
The ideal candidate will possess, at minimum, a university degree. Preference will be given to those who possess one or more levels Montessori training (Toddler, Casa, Elementary, Adolescence) Candidates should also have:
- 10+ years of experience in an educational setting
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role in an educational setting
- Confidence and ability with public speaking, written communication and challenging conversations
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations governing private school and day care in Ontario
- High-level interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate others to achieve their potential
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Grace Kidney and Cathy Sustronk via email@example.com. Please note, all submissions are kept strictly confidential.
If you require accessibility accommodations for the selection process, please let us know at the time you are contacted.