Montessori School Supervisor
Upper Beaches Montessori School
$48,000 – $60,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent
Are you an exceptional Montessori School Supervisor with RECE or Montessori Diploma and looking to take on the exciting and rewarding challenge of opening a new Montessori school? A unique opportunity exists to join Upper Beaches Montessori School in Toronto as the School Supervisor.
Working closely with the ownership team, the Supervisor will provide and coordinates the necessary support, resources, supervision, and leadership to ensure the nurturing care and education to young children in a Montessori school (ages 18months to 6years) in accordance with the goals, curriculum, philosophy, and policies of the centre. She/he will be responsible for the strict compliance with the CCEYA, CCMA, the Ministry of Education, Public Health, and other regulatory bodies.
The supervisor understands that he/she is accountable to the duties below and these may vary dependent upon the needs of the centre. He/she reports to the Owners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures and facilitates the smooth functioning of all aspects of the centre in order to best serve children and families
- Ensures licensing requirements are met at all times
- Develops and enforces programming for special events and guides staff to inject creativity into their programming
- Ensures centre is presentable in terms of cleanliness, updated communication boards, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships and regular communication with parents and the wider community
- Markets the centre to prospective parents and recruit parents and families
- Manages all parent concerns and issues in accordance with policies
- Completes administration and paperwork required by regulatory bodies
- Provides leadership, supervision and support to all centre staff
- Assists in conducting ongoing informal and annual formal performance management and evaluations of centre staff
- Ensures appropriate professional development opportunities are made available to centre staff from the Region and in accordance with identified training needs of staff at the centre
- Assists in the recruitment and coordinates the selection, hiring and orientation of all new staff to the centre, within centre-approved processes and polices
- Works closely with the centre’s Management Team to ensure the efficient administrative operation of the centre
- Communicates key messages on decisions made by the Management Team to centre staff on an ongoing basis
- Ensures regular liaison and communication, as required and applicable, with third parties, including custodial and maintenance services, etc.
- Represents the centre professionally by participation on committees in the Montessori childcare community
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Management Team
- Available to work various shifts between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm
- Able to work within the needs of the centre when required due to on-site emergency, staff shortage, staff meetings, management meetings, etc.
- Manages parent fees, invoicing, and collection
- Helps to create and manage the budgeting as required
- Must have a Montessori Diploma (AMI, MTC, TMI) or RECE and be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Montessori experience is required
- Be a previous supervisor or assistant supervisor for at least 2 years and worked with an enrollment of 40 plus
- Worked as a Head Teacher for at least 3 years in a classroom
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of the CCEYA and affiliated regulations
- Superior interpersonal skills with a high degree of initiative and dedication
- A committed team player who provides a supportive work environment for staff while providing a high quality of programming standards for children.
- Must have sound knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with website maintenance would be beneficial (Wix)
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level-C
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen within the past 6 months.
- 2-Step TB test
- Food Handling Certification is an asset
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Attention: Admin Team