MONTESSORI UPPER ELEMENTARY TEACHER – MACTE/AMI – Start: August 30, 2021
Whitby Montessori & Elementary School – “Montessori To The Core”
Join our Dynamic Team!
Montessori Upper Elementary Teacher (Full Time)
August 30, 2021
Guided by the Montessori Philosophy of Education, the Upper Elementary Teacher guides students in Grades 4-6 by implementing a wholistic and balanced approach to teaching to support strong academics and social/emotional development. Using a variety of resources to supplement lesson plans, the Upper Elementary Teacher will provide a dynamic learning environment that supports the development of independence, resilience, and self-confidence during the Elementary Years. The ideal candidate should be confident in the use of technology, able to implement remote learning strategies and excited by the opportunity to work in a vibrant Montessori setting.
Montessori Elementary Teaching Diploma (MACTE/AMI)
OCT Qualifications considered an asset
Experience working in a Private School setting
Skills & Knowledge:
– Solid knowledge of Montessori Elementary Curriculum
– Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario Ministry Curriculum
– Highly skilled in Classroom Management Strategies
– Proven ability in Student Observations, Record Keeping, Parent Communications, Progress Report/Report Card Writing
– Self-starter with flexibility, initiative and the ability to multi-task
– Ability to communicate effectively with Colleagues, Students and School Families
– Energetic, enthusiastic, creative and possess strong organizational skills
– Current CPR-C and Standard First Aid
– Current Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening
– Current Immunization Record and TB Test
Whitby Montessori & Elementary School has over 30 years of experience in education excellence. We offer a unique learning environment for both students and faculty, and Montessori is at the core of everything we do. We are looking for “gems” to join our Team!
• Submit Cover Letter/Resume to the School Principal: email@example.com