Physical Education Teacher
TMS is a leading independent school in Richmond Hill that combines Montessori and International Baccalaureate frameworks to provide students from 18 months to Grade 12 the foundation for a life of goodness and excellence. TMS is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS Lower School is inviting applications from motivated, inspiring individuals for the position of:
Physical Education Teacher
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, document, and execute a Physical Education curriculum filled with a wide variety of activities, such as physical fitness, sports, games, individual and recreational activities.
- Prepare in advance daily lesson plans clearly describing the objectives and goals of the lesson. Prepare in advance all apparatus required to execute daily lessons.
- Plan, coordinate, document and execute K-6 after-school sports clubs and activities.
- Communicate with classroom teachers and administration any concerns that may affect any student’s well-being.
- Maintain a clean environment throughout the gym, gym storage room, school, and surrounding area. Maintain materials, manuals and equipment and keep a current inventory of all required supplies to run the Physical Education program effectively.
- Report and document student progress in Physical Education in a report card format.
- Attend designated staff meetings, parent workshops, and school promotional events as scheduled by the administration. Attend professional development activities.
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend work which involves attendance at parent/teacher conferences, parent education, and weekend Open Houses.
- Provide supervisory duties in the broader school community, which may include supervising field trips, lunch coverage, and recess supervision
- Coach and organize co-curricular teams and house leagues
Qualifications experience and attributes:
- Ontario College of Teachers Certification
- Additional qualifications in Physical Education
- NCCP Certifications an asset
- Specialized experience teaching Physical Education (ages 3-12)
- A commitment to the Montessori philosophy
- A history of being a collaborative team player committed to the extracurricular life of the School
- A proven professional approach and work ethic
- Current Standard CPR, First Aid and AED training
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including participation in the OTPP and/or School’s Pension Plan, opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to work in a vibrant, collegial workplace.
The successful candidate must be an energetic team player excited by the opportunity to contribute to an exceptional school.
How to Apply:
If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for your teaching goals, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to: Human Resources at email@example.com by June 20, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TMS is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on TMS, please visit our website at www.tmsschool.ca
|Job Category||Physical Education Teacher|