SEEKING CASA/ELEMENTARY TEACHER FOR FALL 2020 IN TORONTO WEST
We are seeking a Casa/Elementary Montessori teacher with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. Having a passion for the outdoors is an asset.
We are a group of passionate parents who for this year are looking to create an unlicensed school (with five to six students). We are committed to creating an environment that puts the emotional well-being of the child first and provides a guarantee for continuity of education throughout this school year.
We are looking for a teacher who is eager to help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development.
We are looking for a teacher with a passion for empowering children, a love for learning and having fun, and a passion for the outdoors. We’re looking for a teacher with emotional intelligence, empathy and patience. A teacher that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs, new environments, and new research. A teacher that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions. A teacher with a passion for health and wellness and who would be willing to work with parents to help encourage healthy lifestyle habits for the children.
If you are a teacher that is open-minded, interested in health and wellness and the outdoors, and enjoys collaborating with others and building a beautiful nurturing environment where children are inspired to learn, then this role is for you.
The child age range could be between 4-7 years old.
We are looking for someone that has minimum 2 years experience.
We offer competitive pay.
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma in the area of Early Childhood and/or Elementary
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Must have strong communication, and management abilities.
- Up to date with Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Criminal reference check – vulnerable sector screening
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori curriculum for children aged 4-7 in a respectful, loving and caring environment.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment inside the classroom and with outdoor programming.
- Communicate with the children, parents, and the community as a whole in a compassionate, positive, supportive, and open-minded manner, considering the children and parents’ perspective.
- Having strong knowledge of and ability to support children’s self-regulation.
- Open communication with administration to seek solutions and work collaboratively with the team.
- A drive to develop professionally and continuous education.
- Maintain the classroom environment and material making.
- Eight hours per day
- More details will take place during the interview.
Please send resumes to: Briana Santoro firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|