Seeking Casa Teacher for September 2020 in Toronto West
We are seeking a Casa Montessori teacher with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. We are currently an unlicensed school (with five students) that will soon lead to an established, licensed school- one that goes beyond the typical school. We not only focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill building, and creating independence, but something beyond that, much more unique & special. We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly unique.
This is based on advanced psychology and neuroscience that will be applied in the children’s environment.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development.
We will be providing additional training in psychology and neuroscience that will be able to be directly applied to the children and the environment.
This is also an opportunity for a teacher to get in on the ground floor with interest in being a part of a team and potentially a larger leadership role in the future, creating a paradigm shift in education.
We are looking for a teacher with a passion for empowering children, a love for learning and having fun. We’re looking for a teacher with emotional intelligence, empathy and patience. A teacher that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs, new environments, and new research. A teacher that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions.
If you are a teacher that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your life, are open-minded, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful, then this role is for you.
The child age range is 2.5-6 years old.
We are looking for someone that has minimum 2 years experience.
We offer competitive pay.
We will be using the health & safety recommendations given by Sick Kids, as our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history.
You can view the document here: https://www.sickkids.ca/AboutSickKids/Newsroom/Past-News/2020/covid19-recommendations-school-reopening.html
- MACTE/AMI Accredited Montessori Diploma in the area of Early Childhood
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- To have a good understanding of the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are essential.
- Must have strong communication, and management abilities.
- Up to date with Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Criminal reference check – vulnerable sector screening
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori curriculum for Casa aged children in a respectful, loving and caring environment.
- To supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment inside the classroom and with outdoor programming.
- Communicate with the children, parents, and the community as a whole in a compassionate, positive, supportive, and open-minded manner, considering the children and parents’ perspective.
- Having strong knowledge of and ability to support children’s self-regulation.
- Open communication with administration to seek solutions and work collaboratively with the team.
- A drive to develop professionally and continuous education.
- Maintain the classroom environment and material making.
- Eight hours per day
- 1-hour Lunch Break
- More details will take place during the interview.
Please send resumes to: Adrian Kremblewski firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Casa Teacher|