Seeking Lower & Upper Elementary Teachers for September 2021
We are seeking an experienced, highly committed and passionate Lower and Upper Elementary Teacher to join a brand new Montessori School in Toronto. Someone with a love for learning, growing, and being part of something special. We are currently an unlicensed school and are building a new, larger, licensed school- one that goes beyond the typical school. We not only focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development, skill building, and creating independence, but something beyond that, much more unique & special. We help facilitate self-esteem, self-compassion, and a growth/bulletproof mindset, as well as going deeper by instilling empowering beliefs in the children that will set them up for a lifetime of success in all facets of their life. We’re looking to be different, innovative, and truly unique.
This is based on advanced psychology and neuroscience that will be applied in the children’s environment.
We believe in the continuous flow of communication between teacher, child, and parents. We believe that everyone needs to evolve in their learning, understanding, and their development.
We will be providing additional training that is to be applied to the children and the environment.
This is also an opportunity for a teacher to get in on the ground floor with interest in being a part of a team and potentially a larger leadership role in the future, creating a paradigm shift in education.
We are looking for a teacher with a passion for empowering children, a love for learning and having fun. We’re looking for a teacher with emotional intelligence, empathy and patience. A teacher that is able to adapt to the children’s learning needs, new environments, and new research. A teacher that can think on her feet and has the ability to constantly evolve and come up with creative solutions.
If you are a teacher that has a drive for continuous self-development as a priority in your life, are open-minded, and enjoys collaborating with others and building something beautiful, then this role is for you.
The child age ranges are 6-9 & 9-12 years old.
We are looking for someone that has minimum 2 years experience.
We offer premium pay.
Our children’s mental health is critical at such a vulnerable age, and at this time in history.
We believe it is crucial at this time to make sure the children are building a positive/growth mindset and resiliency in this unprecedented time. An environment that doesn’t breed fear, but love, joy, and critical thinking. An environment where it’s encouraged for children to interact without being encumbered by distance restrictions or covering up those beautiful, happy faces.
Education, Experience and Training:
Ideal candidate must hold an AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma and have 2 years experience in a Montessori classroom environment or school environment. Bachelor of Education is an asset. Must be First Aid/CPR trained with an up-to-date certification. Must possess a Vulnerable Sector Reference Check. Food Handler trained an asset.
- Guide, support and manage a classroom of children of varying ages (6-9, 9-12), needs and abilities by implementing an exceptional Montessori program
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori curriculum for Lower and/or Upper Elementary aged children in a respectful, loving and caring environment.
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times and with outdoor programming.
- Enhancing and ensuring a positive, friendly, and loving school environment
- Plan and conduct presentations/projects according to child’s age, interest and skill level both individually and in small groups
- Able to implement additional philosophy into curriculum
- Create and maintain student progress records and complete a report for all students three times a year (mid-winter, pre- March Break and end of June)
- Conduct daily observations of classroom and children
- Know and follow all school policies
- Help in early stages of school development; materials, classroom supplies and furniture lists
- Build, maintain and repair (when needed) the classroom’s physical environment, keeping materials and objects clean, functional, attractive and well stocked. Identify and recommend when new materials need to be purchased in advance.
- Overseeing and ensuring classroom supplies and materials are adequately stocked and a level of excellence is maintained
- Support, manage and possibly train teaching assistant(s), offer constructive feedback when necessary
- Collaborate and conduct Parent Education Nights with fellow teachers and head of school
- Participate in school’s hiring processes as appropriate and necessary
- Developing, maintaining and nurturing compassionate, supportive, relationships with parents, families, children, staff and other parties (Ministry of Education, Toronto City Council) in an open-minded manner.
- Open communication with administration to seek solutions and work collaboratively with the team.
- Attend staff meetings, professional develop days and school events as required
- Provide annual self-evaluation forms and review
Qualifications and Requirements:
- AMI/MACTE accredited Montessori Diploma with 2 years experience
- Bachelor of Education an asset
- Excellent collaborative skills and an open mindset is essential
- Lots of positive energy, loves to have fun and brings joy into everything
- First Aid/CPR trained
- Vulnerable Sector Reference Check and clean criminal record
- Food Handler Trained an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office System
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, which will be used to communicate with management, employees, parents/guardians, community agencies, general public and children
- Must have excellent organization skills and time management and possess strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and a positive professional attitude
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Have a passion for health and wellness and the great outdoors
- Protect, honour and respect the well-being of the children
Successful candidate will be required to provide:
- Copies of certificates of the aforementioned qualifications
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification, or proof of enrollment in course
Location: High Park/Roncesvalles