Senior Elementary Educator (Grade 4 -6)
Kanata Montessori – Senior Elementary Educator (Grade 4-6)
- Develop and implement educational programs (Grades 4-6) that align with the school’s mission and goals.
- Create lesson plans and learning objectives that meet the needs of students with varying learning styles and abilities.
- Teach courses, seminars, and workshops, using a variety of teaching methods and techniques.
- Assess students’ progress and provide feedback on their work.
- Collaborate with colleagues, staff, and community members to contribute to a positive school environment.
- Use technology and other tools to enhance the learning experience.
- Attend professional development sessions to stay up-to-date on new teaching methods and technologies.
- Provide guidance and support to students to help them achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Participate in community outreach and engagement programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or CCMA accredited Montessori Certificate
- Strong knowledge of current teaching methodologies and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other educators and staff members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for teaching and helping students succeed.
- Familiarity with technology and digital teaching tools.
The position will be for the 2023/2024 school year, September through June, to cover a parental leave. Some training and orientation will take place through the summer.
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Contract length: 10 months
|Job Category||Elementary Teacher|