Senior Elementary Montessori Teacher
Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft is looking for a qualified Senior Elementary Montessori teacher to work in a collaborative work environment.
The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience working in collaborative Montessori environment an asset
The successful candidate(s) must demonstrate the ability to:
- Guide and assist children in the senior elementary Montessori classroom (ages 9-12)
- Maintain and establish appropriate guidelines for behaviour
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, safety and well-being of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Accredited Montessori training
- Police Vulnerable Safety Check
- Up to date immunization, including 2 valid doses for COVID-19, and negative 2 step TB test as per school policy
- Valid First Aid/CPR is preferred
Start Date: January 2022/Immediate
Job Type: Part time, moving to full time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials
Resumes and cover letters expressing your area of interest should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Elementary Teacher|