Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher – Start Date: September 2021
Montessori Academy of London (MA) provides something unique in London: high-quality traditional Montessori education that truly puts the needs of the child first. If you see the potential in children, and aspire to guide them towards valorization, this may be the ideal opportunity for you!
Montessori Academy of London seeks an enthusiastic, highly qualified applicant to fill an Upper Elementary teaching opportunity within our well-established school to begin the 2021-2022 academic year.
The ideal candidate has
- A Montessori Elementary diploma from a MACTE accredited or AMI training centre
- First Aid and CPR-C an asset but not required
- A valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- B.A. or B.Sc. from a recognized University
- A passion for working with children and encouraging their growth and independence
- Strengths in organizational skills, communication skills, parent education and leadership
- A collaborative spirit – you will work alongside a team of UE teachers
- Confidence, professionalism, responsibility, patience
- Love of the outdoors an asset
- Confident in all Google platforms as well as Zoom
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience (preferred)
- Maintaining a high-quality environment, assessing, observing and caring for the individual needs of every child
- Educating children in accordance to the designated curriculum model for their age group
- Maintaining open and honest lines of communication between parents and team members and always exemplifying professionalism
- Maintain lesson plans, record keeping, report cards, anecdotes and parent conferences where required
- Use a variety of relevant resources and technology to supplement the lesson plans in a meaningful way
- Maintain a positive learning environment using age-appropriate and effective classroom management techniques
- Participate in school-wide and program level events
- Keep up-to-date on innovative teaching methods and developments in the education field through seminars, additional qualifications, etc.
In partnership with another organization, this program does an outdoor winter trip every January, so comfort in outdoor pursuits is preferred.
- A kind, respectful and inspiring work culture at an internationally renowned school
- Salaries that are competitive with Montessori schools in the area
- Competitive/Full health benefits package, including RRSP-matching Program that aligns with years of service
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other staff perks
Email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 7, 2021, to the Attention of Tina Sartori, Executive Director. Anticipated start date is August 30, 2021. No phone calls, please. While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montessori Academy is an independently-funded school and not-for-profit charity founded in 1968 to provide a proven alternative to conventional education. We are London, Ontario’s only accredited Montessori school and offer traditional programs for Toddlers, Pre-school, Elementary and Junior High students, with specialty programs including Art, Physical Education, French and Music.
Montessori Academy is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment in which everyone’s human rights are respected. It does not discriminate or permit any discrimination on grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
For more information on Montessori Academy of London, visit www.montessori.on.ca