Vice Principal -Start Date: May/June 2021 (flexible for September)
Position: Vice Principal
Reports to: Principal and Head of School
Odyssey Montessori School
A full-time position – May / June 2021 start date (flexible for September)
136 Sorauren Avenue, Toronto, ON M6R 2E4 | Phone: 416-535-9402
256 Christie Street, Toronto, ON M6G 3B8 | Phone: 416-533-9402
Odyssey Montessori School is looking for a Vice Principal for both campuses. The candidate must have an experienced background and a full understanding of all levels of Montessori education.
The candidate must have experience as a Montessori Guide at the Casa level. Montessori Toddler / Young Children’s Community Program experience is also an asset.
The role of the Vice Principal is two-fold:
- To support and sustain a dedicated, professional, and dynamic environment for children, parents, and colleagues.
- To ensure that the integrity and quality of Odyssey Montessori School is upheld in our school community.
The candidate must be experienced in the areas of school administration, operations, and curriculum. The candidate must possess leadership skills, and be an effective resource to all parents, students, and staff. The position entails mentoring teachers, supporting parent relationships, and overseeing the development of the curriculum for Toddler and Casa levels. The candidate must also possess complete knowledge of the Ministry of Education guidelines for licensed childcare centers in Ontario – CCEYA.
The ideal candidate has a passion for Montessori education and understands the developmental needs of each age group served by the school.
Key Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
- To work as a dedicated member of the school team, collaborating with all staff to create and maintain a high-quality Montessori learning environment.
- Communicating with parents and providing knowledge and resources about Montessori education and child development
- Managing staff and student records
- Supervising staff and coordinating schedules
- Implementing and supervising school curriculum
- Assist in management of fulfilling CCEYA, Public Health, and licensing requirements.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent and/or an ECE diploma
- AMI or MACTE Montessori Diploma in Early Childhood (Casa)
- Solid administrative and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills, excellent work ethic and the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of CCEYA and Ministry of Education requirements an asset
We invite applicants to call Mary Tomazos, Head of School, at 416-535-9402 or email their resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.