Lower Elementary Teacher
Job Postings: Lower Elementary Teacher
School: Bannockburn School
Starting: Fall 2023
A leading independent Montessori school for over 30 years, Bannockburn is recognized throughout Toronto for outstanding academic standards, a steadfast commitment to Montessori education, and deep respect for the potential in every child. Bannockburn is accredited by CCMA and a member of CIS Ontario.
Bannockburn School is seeking a Lower Elementary teacher for September 2023. Bannockburn has an authentic Elementary Montessori program, with advanced academic standards and inspiring leadership opportunities in a warm and welcoming environment where every family is proud to call it home.
The successful candidate will work with students, parents, and teachers to help students reach their full potential. This opportunity welcomes motivated teachers from all walks of life to bring their experiences into the classroom, inspire the children, and instill a love of learning!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing a welcoming classroom environment that reflects a commitment to support students.
- Providing students an educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to achieve their full potential.
- Supporting the growth and development of students through the delivery of the Montessori philosophy
- Establishing good relationships with teachers, staff and parents in the school community
- Participating actively in all staff, faculty, and department meetings to plan, review, and implement learning
- Being an active and positive participant in the community life of the school, including attendance at school events
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Montessori teacher training diploma
- Bachelor of Education is an asset
- A proven professional approach and work ethic
- A demonstrated passion for working with children
- Commitment to strong student and teacher relationships
- Strong communication skills required (oral and written)
- Effective classroom management skills
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C (or willing to obtain before starting)
- Current Vulnerable Screening Police Record Check (or willing to obtain before starting)
If you believe your teaching goals fit with the Bannockburn philosophy, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to: Jacqueline Richman at [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Bannockburn School is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on Bannockburn, please visit our website at www.bannockburn.ca
|Job Category||Elementary Teacher|