Blue Butterfly Montessori School
300 Richmond Street West
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures and facilitates the smooth functioning of all aspects of the centre in order to best serve children and families
- Ensures licensing requirements are met at all times
- Develops and enforces programming for special events.
- Ensures centre is presentable in terms of cleanliness, updated communication boards, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships and regular communication with parents
- Markets the centre to prospective parents and recruit parents and families
- Manages all parent concerns and issues in accordance with policies
- Completes administration and paperwork required by regulatory bodies
- Provides leadership, supervision and support to all centre staff
- Assists in conducting ongoing informal and annual formal performance management and evaluations of centre staff
- Ensures appropriate professional development opportunities are made available to centre staff from the Region and in accordance with identified training needs of staff at the centre
- Assists in the recruitment and coordinates the selection, hiring and orientation of all new staff to the centre, within centre-approved processes and polices
- Works closely with the centre’s Management Team to ensure the efficient administrative operation of the centre
- Communicates key messages on decisions made by the Management Team to centre staff on an ongoing basis
- Ensures regular connection and communication, as required and applicable, with third parties, including maintenance services, etc.
- Represents the centre professionally
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Management Team
- Available to work various shifts between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm
- Able to work within the needs of the centre when required due to on-site emergency, staff shortage, staff meetings, management meetings, etc.
- Helps to create and manage the budgeting as required
- Must have a Montessori Diploma (AMI, MTC, TMI) or RECE and be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Montessori experience is required
- Be a previous supervisor or assistant supervisor for at least 2 years
- Worked as a Head Teacher for at least 2 years in a classroom
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of the CCEYA and affiliated regulations
- Superior interpersonal skills with a high degree of initiative and dedication
- A committed team player who provides a supportive work environment for staff while providing a high quality of programming standards for children.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level-C
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen within the past 6 months.
- Up to date immunization, including 2 valid doses for COVID-19, and negative 2 step TB test as per school policy
- Food Handling Certification is an asset
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Attention: Neda Rassi/ Mori Moini