Upper Elementary Teacher for 2024-2025 School Year
Northstar Montessori School
4900 Tomken Road
Northstar Montessori School, going in its 28th year in 2024, is committed to following the Montessori pedagogy and help each student reach their personal potential. Northstar is known in Mississauga and the surrounding cities that make up the Peel region to be one of the unique schools who offer programs from Toddler (18 months) to Junior High (13 years of age) and is an accredited member of CCMA.
Northstar is expanding and preparing for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year and specifically seeking for an Upper Elementary teacher who will lead a new classroom. The new class will be one of three Upper Elementary classes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other Upper Elementary teachers, their students, and their families, in order to provide a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a welcoming classroom environment that reflects a commitment to support students
- Offer positive and exciting experiences for students through the delivery of the Montessori philosophy
- Establish good relationships with teachers, staff and parents in the school community
- Actively participate in the community life of the school, including attendance at school events
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Montessori teacher training diploma (minimum of 2 years of experience in the Upper Elementary age group is preferred)
- Committed to strong student and teacher relationships
- Collaborate with staff members to continuously improve school environment
- Strong communication skills required (oral and written)
- Effective classroom management skills
If you feel that Northstar Montessori is the environment you want to be a part of, then email your resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you would like to know more about our school, you can visit our website at www.northstarmontessori.com