Upper Elementary Teacher – Immediate Start or Fall 2020
We want YOU to be our new Upper Elementary Teacher
Taddle Creek Montessori School, part of the Mildenhall family of schools, is located in the historic Annex area of downtown Toronto and has been providing high-fidelity Montessori education to children age 2.5-12 for over 20 years. Taddle Creek looks and feels like a home, and we foster a close-knit, family-friendly community for our students and staff.
Taddle Creek is looking for a Montessori Elementary teacher who has the knowledge and skills necessary to follow the philosophy as set forth by Dr. Montessori. The person we are looking for will not only have a deep, abiding interest in Montessori and child development, but also have strong interpersonal skills, a love of learning, and be a team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues.
We are looking for someone for an immediate start, but don’t hesitate to apply if you aren’t available until Fall 2020.
We want the very best and are willing to wait!
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Implementing and delivering high-fidelity Montessori education
● Establishing a child-centred classroom that encourages children to be independent and to respect themselves and others
● Fostering a feeling of joy and discovery
● Ensuring a safe and caring environment for students and their parents
● Reporting and record keeping that ensures that the Principal and parents are kept abreast of the challenges, successes and competencies of each child
● Having effective communication skills, and actively and positively interacting with parents in both formal and informal settings
Qualifications and requirements:
● AMI or MACTE Elementary level training
● 5 years experience leading an Elementary class
● Current Standard First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain
● Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search within past 6 months
What Taddle Creek can offer you:
● A bright, beautiful classroom, with a full set of Montessori material in which to work
● An amazing downtown location close to local shops, restaurants, parks, museums, public transit and other amenities for you and your students
● Ongoing professional development opportunities
● Competitive salary and benefits package, including significant tuition discounts for staff children
● A collaborative, supportive, inclusive work environment
● Coffee and tea!
● And so much more…
Taddle Creek is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment in which everyone’s human rights are respected. It does not discriminate or permit any discrimination on grounds of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
If you think this position is right for you, please email a cover letter and CV to Matt Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Upper El Teacher” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe a time in which you saw wonder in the eyes of a child. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taddle Creek Montessori School
39 Spadina Road; Toronto, ON
|Job Category||Elementary Teacher|